The importance of HCRW training
Safe disposing of Hazardous Waste in the workplace
3 Simple Waste Removal Solutions
Show all

There is a lot of waste generated by health-care activities, and apparently around 85% according to the World Health Organization, is general and non-hazardous. Unfortunately, the remaining 15% is deemed hazardous material that may be infectious, toxic or radioactive. Given this background, it becomes critical that HCRW training is given to those who handle these wastes, to reduce the risk of more people becoming infected.


Through GETA, our waste’s business unit, we offer training to professionals that deal with waste on a regular basis, and also for whom waste is not a core part of their business. In such environments, it’s fundamental to get empowered through our accredited and recognized training solutions. We equip professionals to enhance their skills base and organizations as a skills development requirement.


Our HCRW training programs are effective for medical waste management and segregation practices. Being accredited by the Health Professional’s Council of South Africa, we offer trainees NQF Certification (Level 1 and 4 qualifications).  Our training services have reduced the total amount of health-care risk waste to treatment by 2-6% where it is implemented as a result of improved segregation practices.


According to WHO, an estimated 16 billion injections are administered worldwide every year, but not all of the needles and syringes are properly disposed of afterwards. Measures to ensure the safe and environmentally sound management of health-care wastes can prevent adverse health and environmental impacts from such waste including the unintended release of chemical or biological hazards, including drug-resistant microorganisms, into the environment thus protecting the health of patients, health workers and the general public.